Oasis Family & Friends,
Our next Secret Church is coming on Friday, April 29th from 8pm-Midnight. Evangelism will be the focus, and here is what you can expect:
Clarifying & Communicating the Gospel:
- What is the Gospel?
- What descriptions/expressions can we use to help communicate the Gospel? (i.e., “He lived the life I should’ve lived, and died the death I should’ve died,” etc.)
- How much of it do we proclaim (maximum info to maximum people, or minimum info to maximum people)?
- To whom do we proclaim it (over coffee w/ friends and family, door-to-door, at the mall w/ strangers… any of these better or worse, more or less effective, than others?)?
- How do we proclaim it (Addressing various types of people… The proud, the humble, the anti-theist/”science”-guy, the emotionally scarred, etc.)?
- How do we steer conversations toward the Gospel?
Why Don’t We Communicate the Gospel?
- “Do I have to tell the Gospel? Isn’t that the job of the evangelist (Eph. 4)?”
- “Why tell the Gospel if God is sovereign?”
- “I’m not like them” (i.e., I don’t relate).
- “It may cost me my friendship w/ them.”
- “I don’t have time.”
- “I don’t know any non-Christians.”
Please do feel free to invite your friends and family to Secret Church, even if they don’t attend Sylvania. We’re not trying to be exclusive. We’re trying to equip those who love Jesus and believe the Gospel to love people by communicating the Gospel to them.
If you will, please RSVP ASAP by emailing Chad.
We hope to see you there!