We’re a bit biased, but we think Sylvania Church is a great place to serve. If we have openings and you or someone you know are interested in joining us, then you will find the position and the details listed here:
Pastor of Children & Families
POSTED: DECEMBER 9, 2014
The Pastor of Children and Families is responsible for the development and implementation of the vision, strategy and tactical elements for all programs, activities and educational aspects related to Children’s Ministry at Sylvania Church. Specifically, the Pastor of Children and Families is responsible for Sunday School (Nursery-5th grade), Wednesday night activities, special events, and discipleship development for families of young children.
2) COMPETENCIES & EXPECTATIONS:
- Passion for ministry to children and seeing both parents and children grow in the faith.
- Growing relationship with Jesus Christ evidenced by action, attitude, and behavior.
- Ability to fully embrace the vision, values, and statement of faith of Sylvania Church.
- Strong capacity in administration.
- Reliable, trustworthy, self-starter, and excellent at following through on details.
- Possess the ability to embrace innovation and creativity while adapting to growth and change.
- Possess the ability to use appropriate judgment, discretion, sensitivity, and confidentiality.
- Proven leadership skills utilizing a cooperative, collaborative team leadership style.
- Possessing strong interpersonal skills with the ability to maintain healthy and motivating relationship with supervisors, coworkers, and volunteers.
- Possess the ability to understand and to keep current on issues related to safety and security resulting in the implementation of associated activities and safeguards.
3) ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- To provide leadership to the Children’s Ministries (CM) team:
- Helps to develop and implement the vision for children’s ministries in collaboration with the Leadership Team and Elders.
- Provides strategic leadership and planning initiatives for CM staff.
- Sets direction and trains CM staff and volunteers.
- Offers pastoral care and encouragement of CM staff and volunteers.
- Develops processes necessary for effective CM operations (e.g.: nursery/Sunday School check-in).
- Responsible for CM budget and financial oversight.
- Oversee the selection and implementation of curriculum.
- Develop communication plans to keep staff, volunteers and parents informed.
- Responsible for all staffing of CM, in conjunction with the Elders (including training).
- Manage communications between ministries that interact with CM.
- Develop and implement all safety and security processes for CM in cooperation with the church’s safety and security team.
- Oversee and implement all programming for CM (primarily for Sunday School & Wednesday night [Nursery-5th]).
- Coordinate family events and camps for CM parents and families.
4) EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s Degree Required, Seminary Training Preferred
- First-hand work experience in a local church, specifically in some area of Children’s Ministry preferred
- Reports to Lead Pastor
- Supervises and directs Children’s Ministries staff
- Works closely with all areas of ministries within Sylvania Church
Apply for Pastor of Children & Families Position
To apply for Pastor of Children & Families, please download and complete the questionnaire below and submit it along with your resume and cover letter.